I think a lot about what the idea of “caviar dreams” might mean to different people. Since starting this blog my own idea or meaning has evolved. For fun, I thought I might share a few of my caviar dreams, or luxuries I’d like to attain in my life.
1. own an iconic LV monogram bag. I’m not really a purse person. I was in high school with vintage handbags we already owned or ones gifted to me…but then I just got tired of switching everything out…inevitably resulting in my losing my Chapstick much too often! I’ve purchased two bags in the past three years; one is small and cross-body and the other is my infamous kiwi green Kate Spade. An LV would be the ultimate, and I’m waiting for a life milestone to call one mine. It will be my one and only then, and I love the idea of that!
2. get laser hair removal. Whaat? Yes normal people do it, and I want to do it too. Mostly because my legs are so fickle, if I never had to shave another day in my life, my skin would certainly thank me. It also makes me think my pale would look much more porcelain, which is what I strive for hehe.
3. actually drive my dream car. And that would be either a woody wagoneer or ’50s convertible. Ahh, it would be so freakin’ cool to cruise around in both of those. But I’d settle for just one.
4. own a record player…and use it everyday! Chris Isaak, Mazzy Star, Fleetwood Mac and more recent artists like Lana Del Rey and Carla Bruni would all be enjoyed equally from the likes of my very own record player. Sigh.
5. tint my eyelashes. Another cosmetic procedure that feels like an indulgence even typing it! But I have such a minimal makeup routine anyway that taking out the step of mascara would make me that much more natural-looking. Plus I’m prone to styes. Plus-plus I’m worth it.
6. have a Mac desktop in my kitchen. It would be what I consider “the family computer” and perfectly in reach for all those Pinterest recipes and food blogs I need to start following. And so I can keep an eye on Internet activity years and years down the road when I let our future kids use it haha.
7. fresh flowers in every room of the house, every day. Flowers just make me so happy and again, because I’m worth it!
8. see the world. I don’t feel like I’ve done much traveling, but I’d really like to. Places such as Lake Como, Paris, my native Poland, and New Zealand hold a certain fascination with me…as well as closer-to-home places like the Oregon Coast, Mackinac Island, and Nova Scotia.
What are your caviar dreams?